Blomia tropicalis whole culture
Blomia tropicalis storage mite
The Blomia tropicalis storage mite belongs to the Glycyphagidae family. B. tropicalis is a storage mite, which is increasingly linked to allergy. Blomia tropicalis is significantly present in (sub)tropical geographic regions worldwide. Nevertheless, different species of Blomia, including Blomia tropicalis, have been described in countries with a temperate climate lately. B. tropicalis storage mites contains allergens which can induce respiratory allergies which is comparable to house dust mites. These respiratory allergies are already common in (sub)tropical geographic regions. Due to the spreading to a more temperate climate, B. tropicalis might become a more important factor in allergies worldwide in the future. Estimating the increase in numbers of B. tropicalis atopic humans.
We deliver B. tropicalis in the following forms:
- Whole culture (vial of 1gr) (currently out of stock) A whole culture consist of all the material of the storage mite cultivation. This means: mite bodies, eggs, larves, cultivation medium and the feaces. Whole culture contains all components which are also present in real life and this is exactly what atopic patients respond to. Citeq produces a controlled cultivation of storage mites.
- Extract of whole culture (vials of 10mg) Whole culture which is extracted.
The advantages of our material
- Defined allergen source material, we deliver our material with extensive information about the amount of allergens in our material so you really can tell what you are using for your application.
- Large batches, we produce in large batches so we can deliver from the same batch over a longer period of time. This means you are assured of the same material and consistency. If you are using our material and you are satisfied with it you can even place a reservation of a specific lot so you will receive the same material in the future.
- Freeze-dried, our material will be delivered in freeze-dried form (lyophilization) to assure a long shelf life and can easily be used to reach targeted dilutions.
- Available in different sizes such as 10 mg, 100 mg and 1 gram (specific sizes can be delivered on request).
- No animal or human components, our mites are cultivated on defined media without any animal or human components.
1000 mg vial