Back to overview
Back to overview
What is the difference between the forms of mites?
Mite bodies: purified mite bodies, these do not contain other material such as the faeces of the mites. Delivered in total dry weight.
- Whole culture: A whole culture consist of all the material of the house dust mite cultivation. This means mite bodies, eggs, larves, cultivation medium and the faeces. Delivered in total dry weight.
- Extract with low level of endotoxin: the same as our regular extract of whole culture but with a low level of endotoxin. Delivered in total dry weight.
- Purified Group 1 allergen (Der p 1 or Der f 1). Based on protein content (BCA).
- Purified Group 2 allergen (Der p 2 or Der f 2). Based on protein content (BCA).
- Extract of whole culture: the whole culture which is extracted. A whole culture consist of all the materials of the cultivation, including bodies, eggs, larvae, skin parts, cultivation medium and the excrements. This is the regular extract which is the most used by researchers. Most of the allergens are in the purified excrements, which we also have in our product assortment. Whole culture is however mostly used for research purposes.
- Extract of mite bodies: purified mite bodies which are extracted, this does not contain other material such as the faeces of the mites. Delivered in total dry weight.
- Excrements: the purified excrements (faeces/ droppings) of the house dust mites. We have excrement extracts available from D. farinae and D. pteronyssinus. Delivered in total dry weight.
- Small vial extract: Regular HDM extract but not filled out on dry weight but on protein content (BCA). These are small vials which are developed for researchers.